Thursday, April 10, 2008

Humble Beginnings


(^that's supposed to be me... but it's hard drawing myself as a Chibi since I'm quite far off from Chibi... anyway:)
Yes, welcome to my new blog! This one will be filled with my little doodles, my revelations, hopes & dreams among other things. Ah... I'm getting self-conscious already.....

Wang made one with me! His is called "Death is Ugly". Geddit? We have matching blog names! Here's his: http://rawrikon.blogspot.com. Oh yeah, brace yourself for a generous helping of lameness if you continue to follow my blog... ^^;

hmm... I suppose I'll explain my blog URL, "noteandkey". There are many ways of interpreting it.... it could be:

a. "Note" as in "a brief letter" with "Key" as
"Device that is turned to open a lock". This
could imply something like a key with its use
explained in the note e.g."Front Gate Key".

b. "Note" as in a Musical Note with "Key" as
a piano key. (This one's straightfoward so I
won't explain~)

along with many other combinations depending on the definitions of the two words. Alright, enough beating around the bush~ "noteandkey" is what I perceived "noutenki" to sound similiar to. Noutenki in this context is "脳天気". It refers to one being positive no matter the situation; someone who sees the brighter side in everything! Why don't I just use noutenki in my URL instead? It was taken. OTL If you visit http://noutenki.blogspot.com/ you'll find yourself at a blog written in Japanese, main subject being vegetables.

Why noutenki in the first place? I like being noutenki. :) Also, the little yellow man hanging off my DS has "脳天気" written down his tummy.

The editing is Japanese Pop Culture-esque! I've been inspired by their style of graphics/editing for a long time... I want reference materials in this style! Any recommendations?

Oh speaking of art! I want to pay a visit to the Top Arts and Top Designs exhibitions!!! A student from Mt.Waverley got included in the Top Arts exhibition this year! Ms. Sigmund (Art teacher) mentioned the student making a marine-life inspired wedding dress, I look forward to seeing that! Someone please go with me!TwT

~~~on a completely different note:

Some of you may know that my uncle is staying at my house during his visit to Melbourne. I'm now... try... to avoid him... because of this conversation:

He went on for an hour and a half. (I'm not exaggerating! He really did go on for that long... though he didn't exactly say "in fact let me tell you the rest of my life story" that was me telling you what he did next without having to extend the comic too much.) I was trapped! Too polite to dismiss myself... yet too worried about homework not being complete to enjoy this one-sided conversation. OTL

(note: Apologies for the messiness of the comic... I will try to refine the comics in the following posts! Also, I hope the font isn't hard to read!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this :D I'm gonna fav it so I can check out your rambling 8D

Make sure you don't post after you've eaten chocolate LOL or maybe you should....8DDDDD

Momotsuki said...

Konbanwa imoutou-chan :3 You're much too optimistic =P

Anonymous said...

I've faved the website~ ill check it once a week ^^

Anonymous said...

Kumomomomomomomomomomomo!!!!!

nice first post. ^^

come out with us more!!!!! D=

Ritzy said...

ZOMG FENG!! BLOGSPOT!! YOSHH!!!

BLOGSPOT WIN =]

ANYWAYS.. I GUESS I WILL KEEP TYPING CAPS..

I WANT TO VISIT TOP DESIGNS TOO..!!

TELL ME WHEN =P

Kimberly said...

hiiii feng!! =D ur blog is awesome. suits you and keep up the coool pictures!

Anonymous said...

scrolled down :)

asif its Peter's updates D:!
don't worry, when i make a food blog you can put Peter the Patissier's Kitchen!

anyway, i like your drawings for the first post!!! very sugei(Y)!