Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My traumatic, near-death experience

No internet for a month! It was a miracle that I SURVIVED. (It actually wasn't too bad but yeah, I need something to write about...) Why didn't I have internet? I was moving house.:) I currently reside in fair Canterbury, close to the beaaaauuuutiful Maling Road. The process of packing everything into boxes made me realise how much junk I own... but that same process has allowed me to unearth precious photos of my childhood! Dammit, I used to be cute.:(



I also started moving house the same time I stared uni! I LOVE MY COURSE. My lecturers are all nice and have their little personal quirks. So far, my favourite is Alex, my Illustration lecturer. He shows us a lot of interesting animations and artworks from various artists and gives little honest comments of his opinion on pieces. Like, "This artist, I find very weird, his works are very grotesque, and I actually don't like his works that much... but oh well!" and continues showing us that artist's works for a bit. He's got a good sense of humour too, and has interesting approaches to illustration. In our first lesson, we were given a potato and were made to feel it in order to draw it instead of doing regular observational drawings. Then, in our last lesson, we got to make characters from PLAYDOUGH! Everyone was feeling happy and nostalgic~

My playdough lady, she has a very pretty spatula head.:)

8 comments:

Benjiboyy said...

-squints- SQUINTING HURTS MY EYESSSS...fengggg :(...ohh well, always love your blogs...hahaha at the fork lady :P...its good =D I dont like his work but oh well! HAHA that made me laugh real hard :)..gladd ur enjoying uni..i am too :)

Eugene said...

Playdough....Non toxic =)..Well arn't you lucky.

LOL be happy that you were cute at one stage...unlike me...ugly all the time....I make mirrors shatter =)

Its good that your enjoying uni life. So you don't prefer School over Uni?

Unknown said...

I envy your class~ your teachers are actually cool =A=

pics of kid Feng now! If you don't...you're out of the band :] OH! for our first album cover we could have a picture of each of us as little pre-schoolers

Ritzy said...

FENG!! ZOMGZOMG ZOMG

THE! longest time to see XD

ahhhhh.. Canterbury!! so far lah!!

glad ya loving ya uni course.. hmm maybe one day i shall try some short design illustration course

sick fork head lady too btw =P

stay healthy STAY YOUNG~ hahaha

your beloved helen said...

I MIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU T_____________T

SIGH.

SOB....

Pierre said...

wow it is a spatula headhahah .. reminds me of gumby?! btw,blogspot ni okaerinasai!anywaymyspacebarain'tworkinganymoreandigottofinishoffmy2000wordessayin5hrs...seeyousooon!

Pierre said...

okay now it works haha!! WELCOME BACK AGAIN!!! It was meant to show that my space bar wasn't working and I have a 2000 word essay due in 8 hrs and I haven't finished woot.. anyway I THINK I might be seeing you soon bumchum. Stay cool.. and yes, you can take that as a demand from me :) GO GUMBY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I WHO IS ELTON FOREVER LOVES FENGGGGGGGGGGGGGG PLEASE MARRY ME.

AND NICKO LOVES FENG TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. FOREVER.

AND SHAMAL LOVES FENG TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.